This week I decided that Monday Listicles should be an ode to the better Rachee I am becoming since going to the gym. At first I was all like:
But then I realized that while my dress size has not gone down (Boo!) there really are some other benefits to working out.
1. I can (almost!) do a split.
I have been diligently stretching and have finally come to a point where it is almost easy to do the upright pigeon pose. Upon straightening my legs it was not so difficult!
2. I can
I’ve been doing Couch to 5 K and am actually looking forward to my
3. I don’t sound quite so much like Vader.
My at rest breath is almost silent and the last time I took a video I didn’t hear me huffing and puffing in the background. Also, the routine I do for storytime? No longer do I have to stall while I recover my breath.
4. I can lift 8 twenty pound bags without getting sore.
I help Mom set up her dialysis and she needs those bags for her treatment. The first time I was setting her up…I was flush, had to take a breath, couldn’t keep up with conversation. Now, I’m in and out in less than ten minutes!
5. I can hold a wall sit for more than 30 seconds.
The first time I tried this I was shaking at 10 seconds. This week it wasn’t up until the 30 second mark that my legs began to protest.
6. I can plank for a minute.
7. A few shirts that were va va va voomy are now only va va voomy.
8. I can leg press 90 pounds
9. My starting bicep curl weight is 10 pounds. (I lived at five for a while, visited 7.5 but always headed home to five.) I pyramid up to 12 and one ambitious day did a small set with 15!
10. I can make (at least one) men speechless.
Effin Guy and I went to workout last night and he approved my rear, gear.
Are you on your way to looking better naked?
What are some ways you are feeling like a superhero this week?
Let us know and see you at the track.