I get so caught up in the woe is me that life brings that I often forget to stop and count my blessings. Today I am so thankful for my beautiful daughter, whom you all know as The Bee. As I type this The Bee is happily playing with Play Doh, a gift from a blogging event that she went to with me. Something as simple as her molding colored clay has warmed my heart. The Bee is a tween so there are times when she is either delirously happy with me or doing what I call her Linda Blair, frowning and ready to slam a door. But the last few days have been a joy. She is smart, she is happy, she ius loving and even though she refuses to call me “mommy” anymore and insists on the grating “Mo-om” I look at her and fall in love all over again. Love at being a mother, love at the joy she brings me, love at the person she is becoming.
I am so proud to be her mother and excited for the next stages, no matter what they bring. I love my daughter.
Here’s to The Bee.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.