The Philadelphia Home Show, the region’s premier building, design and landscaping event, will begin on January 17th – 19th and January 23rd – 25th at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The show will be open for 2 weekends ONLY plus Martin Luther King Day.
The excitement is building for this year’s spectacular affair, highlighting the latest trends in remodeling, decorating and gardening. “We are thrilled to bring ‘The Fabulous Beekman Boys’ to Philly and to share the latest developments in this interesting and essential industry,” says Shelly Gepfert, U.S. Marketing Manager, Marketplace Events, the parent company of the Philadelphia Home Show. “Most importantly, we wanted to make sure our Philly show has something for everyone – and we accomplished that, making it fun planning this show.”
From DIY stars, entrepreneurs, authors, chefs and not to mention farmers, this year’s Philadelphia Home Show celebrity line-up is sure to please. Best known for their hit television “The Fabulous Beekman Boys” airing on the Cooking Channel, Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Dr. Brent Ridge put the stylish stamp on seasonal living. A mere five years after they bought a farm in upstate New York, they’ve created a TV show, bestselling books, product lines in leading retailers, a massive social following, and a James Beard-nominated lifestyle website. Not to mention, their lifestyle brand, “Beekman 1802”, which can be found on the shelves of Henri Bendel, Anthropologie, Williams-Sonoma and other national retail partners.
Also featured on this year’s Main Stage Presented by Xfinity® are the DIY Network’s James Young of “I Hate My Kitchen” and local Philly carpenter, Jeff Devlin of “I Hate My Bath”. Many other experts will also be on hand at the Main Stage Presented by Xfinity® to teach you a thing or two about creating your perfect home.
2015 SHOW FEATURES:
- Hero Day on Monday, January 19th. Join us as we celebrate our local hero’s – military, fire fighters and police officers and teachers will receive one free ticket when they show ID.
- “Serving Up Style” Design Rooms – Six local, leading designers will inspire attendees by creating stunning and inventive tabletop installations. Each unique room will be part of one exciting exhibit located on the show floor. Attendees will also have the opportunity to vote on their favorite room.
- Happy Hour at the Home Show! – This year’s Philadelphia Home Show now has a beer garden! For two hours each day, we will feature local craft breweries during both weekends of the show. Tastings and presentations will be offered from the region’s best local craft breweries and all those over 21 are welcome to sample. Stop by our Beer Garden, sponsored by Love Sac, and sample brews from Yards and Victory Brewing Company!
- Habitat for Humanity Upcycle Challenge – Design experts and emerging style, décor and DIY bloggers were invited to take part in this year’s Ultimate Upcycle Challenge. Participants sourced and repurposed items purchased from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and created planters out of the items they purchased at the Restore. The theme for this year’s Habitat for Humanity Upcycle Challenge is “Let it Grow”.
- FREE PARKING AND SHUTTLE! – For the first time ever, The Philadelphia Home Show will offer FREE PARKING from the IKEA Lot on Columbus Blvd in South Philadelphia. From there, Philly PHLASH shuttles will be offering transportation to and from the Convention Center every hour.
- Many final additions and show attractions for the 2015 show are still being confirmed, so please check in www.phillyhomeshow.com for updates and for ticket information.
About Marketplace Events
Marketplace Events creates vibrant expositions connecting enthusiasts with experts, products and services in dynamic face-to-face environments. The company produces 43 events annually including: 27 consumer home shows in the US; 11 in Canada; three Casa Latina Home Expos for the Hispanic market, acquired in August 2014; one Holiday Boutique in Kansas City; and the country’s premier trade and consumer show for the motorcycle industry, the American International Motorcycle Expo (AIMExpo), which has become a Top 50 Trade Show in just two years. The 43 combined events attract 15,000 exhibitors, 1.5 million attendees and another 1.7 million unique web visitors annually. From 14 offices, the 110-person staff produces some of the most successful and longest-running shows in North America, including market-leading home shows in Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Minneapolis, Philadelphia and Orlando–some of which have thrived in their markets for more than 75 years. www.marketplaceevents.com