There’s something about me that you may not know. I’m a worrier. I worry about everything. I worry that I am not a good enough mother, worry that I am not a good enough daughter, girlfriend, person. I worry about the repercussions of things that happened years before when I was younger and foolish. I worry that I am a terrible library chick, that I am not as smart as I think I am and that people will find out and then not like me.
So yesterday I had an event at work and of course, I worried. I worried that no one would show, I worried that the people who were putting on the show would think they had wasted their time and in turn be upset with me. I worried because the friend who had them perform at her library had such a good time with the group and was such a success that I had to better.
My fears were sorta left unmet but I had gotten myself in such a fir that I fell into the depression that only I can have: one where I isolated myself, overate and indulged in the saddest pity party ever. Today I feel better of course but I honestly feel that my worries are not something that I want to keep.
Dang. I was worried that time would come before I was done.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post on the site.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.