Remember that goal I had to “Look Better Naked“, the ideas and bold declarations to lose weight, get in shape and not sound like Darth Vader? Not only am I sounding like Vader having an asthma attack, but I am beginning to feel like I look like some awful mash-up of Vader and Jabba the Hut and it’s not pretty. I know the signs: exhausted all of the time, things are hurting when I get out of bed in the morning, wearing that baggy sweater in an attempt to hide the flaws.
The excuses…been there, done it.
The promises…see above.
I turned forty this month and I just don’t like where this (imagine me pointing to my whole body) is going. Matronly like dress (to be fair some of the clothes stuff is me adopting the “if it’s clean put it on mantra”), the accompanying grunt as I get up from the chair I am sitting in and I hate the way I feel.
I was indulging in stat checking when I saw a link to my blog from the blog Wine to Weightlifting. Jennifer Lynn created a goal list of things she wanted to do and she has actually accomplished some of the goals. I took a look at her list and decided to revamp and restart my health efforts with some goals for my 40 years. I will admit to being a bit nervous about creating and making this list public. I feel like I am ALWAYS making some kind of list and not following through (ahem) but so what? It’s a new day, nee decade and it’s time for some changes.
Over the weekend The Bee, Buffy, Dyl and I happened to be able to see part of the Baltimore Marathon and watching people run just made me think about all of the races I’ve trained(ish) for and how I am not treating my body like anything other than a trash dump.
- Run a mile non-stop
- Run a mile non stop in under 13 minutes
- Run a mile non-stop in under 12 minutes
- Run a 5K (3.1 miles) non-stop
- Run a 5K in under 40 minutes non-stop
- Do a plank for one minute
- Do a plank for three minutes
- Complete one of those Squat challenges (I like this one from Fit Sugar)
- Complete the Fab Ab Challenge
- Complete a running training program
- Run in the Broad Street Run
- Run in the Rock and Roll half marathon
- Do a “wall sit” for three minutes
- Do a real split
- Complete Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred
- Complete the Y12 (The WHYY race)
- Become a Fitfluential Blogger
- Be able to do a pull-up
- Be able to do ten pull-ups
- Be able to do ten real push-ups
- Be able to do twenty real push-ups
- Complete the 100 push-up challenge
- Complete the Electric Run
- Complete a Black Girls Run Program
- Become a BGR coach
- Work up to Walking/Wogging/Jogging/Running 10 miles a week for the rest of the year
- Complete 40 miles per month for 2014
- Practice stretching 3 times a week
- Deadlift 100 pounds
- Complete a Mud Run
- Complete the run on the hill (Amy’s run that I have dodged for a year)
- Complete the YMCA Jingle Bell Run
- Eat a dairy free diet
- Eat a vegan diet at least once a week
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily
- Cut out soda drinking
- Experiment with different fruits and veggies
- Complete a color run
- Get at least seven hours of sleep at night
- Complete a Body for Life Challenge
This is it!
I’m already nervous about putting this out there! I feel like I’ve been down this road so many times before and failed and stopped. I’m game for a more healthy life and feeling better about it.
So please help cheer me on, keep up my goals, share your tips and tricks and get ready for a Fit Forty!