Lately I’ve been in a funk. Blah, sad, feeling without purpose. Everything has been seemingly covered with a layer of despair, hopelessness emptiness. I thought this was something that I would have to ride out until some undetermined time but today I woke up with a sense of feeling better. Everything may still be funky but it is going to be ok. I woke feeling that I was going to be happy, contented and satisfied. I love this feeling, I feel that despite this rain, despite the gloomy sky I am feeling good and I’m feeling fine.
I am actually scared by this feeling; I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall and that all of the bad feelings will come crashing back and that I’ll be back where I was was, grumpy, miserable, blah. For now I should just ride it out, enjoy the feeling and be happyish.
The rain is making me feel sleepy, so a nap, some trash TV and I am still going to take this happy feeling and embrace it and enjoy it.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.