“It’s Lit” is so 2016.
This is a sponsored post from Linqia and FX Networks, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
My teen gets a little upset when I use some of her slang, especially when I say that something is “lit!” She thinks that old people – me – should NOT be using slang and I sorta agree. She can keep her “lits” and “turnt ups” while I head back to the 19th century for some slang that will “wake snakes.”
- Instead of someone “doing the most” they can be Like Thompson’s colt — doing something unnecessarily, like jumping a fence when the rails have been removed. “Thompson’s colt,” a reporter in the Saint Paul, Minn., Globe of Nov. 20, 1882, wrote, “was such an infernal idiot, that he swam across the river to get a drink.”
- Why aren’t we using “fizzing” instead of saying someone has swag? lit? According to The Art of Manliness website fizzing is what you would describe someone who is first-rate, very good, excellent; synonymous with “stunning.”
- It’s agreed that liars are the worst, always fraudin’ or telling a thumper. — construct a clever lie. “When anyone told a thumper more palpably outrageous than usual, it was sufficiently understood …” Reminiscences of the Turf by William Day, 1891.
3a. Telling a lie is also called “finessing” pronounced “fin-ness-in” like ohhhhhh he tryna finess but I’m digging “Hugger-mugger” Underhand, sneaking.
- You think you’re that stuff, the ‘ish? ‘Watchu actin’ all Hollywood for?’ Good for you, ya Lally-cooler also known as a real success, first noted Jan. 4, 1890, by the Salina, Kan., Republican
- In the wake of 2016, there are loads of “woke” people. People who know what’s o’clock,” are said to be wide-awake, sharp, and experienced.
Taboo is created by Steven Knight with Tom Hardy and Chips Hardy, who is also the show’s consulting producer. Executive producers are Ridley Scott and Kate Crowe for Scott Free, Tom Hardy and Dean Baker for Hardy Son & Baker, and Steven Knight, with Timothy Bricknell producing. Taboo is directed by Kristoffer Nyholm (Eps. 1-4) and Anders Engström (Eps. 5-8), and reunites Hardy and Knight for their third collaboration following Locke and Peaky Blinders.
Taboo airs January 2017 and is produced by Scott Free London and Hardy Son & Baker for FX Networks. While you’re waiting for the show to premiere check out the exclusive Taboo diamond giveaway. Click here to see how you can shine bright in the New Year. this awesome giveaway for $3000 worth of diamonds and the official trailer.
Good luck and don’t “wake snakes” (get into mischief).
Latest posts by Rachee (see all)
- Georges Perrier is now a Master in Residence at Walnut Hill College - May 25, 2017
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest introduces the debut of The Midway - May 25, 2017
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - May 25, 2017