Full disclosure: Many thanks to Depend for sponsoring today’s story and encouraging people to #dropyourpants for #underwareness. Affiliate links are used in this post. Please
One of my favorite books to read is “Dinosaur vs the Potty” by Bob Shea. In this book, Dinosaur is potty training and scores victory after victory in an effort to not use the potty. Just when he thinks he’s going to be undefeated, his victory dance is revealed to be a potty dance and off he scurries to use the potty.
I often joke that I have to do potty dances and there is my mad scramble for the potty at work. Luckily, I score victories but there are many adults who are not quite as victorious. Over 65 million Americans experience bladder leakage. At one point in time, I could count myself as one of these adults; when I was a regular wogger there were times my wogs (walk/jogs) were interrupted because of visits to the bathroom where I would find myself needing to rush home.
It has taken me a while not to feel ashamed of the changes in my body. I know that I am working to make me stronger, but as I age the body just ain’t what it used to be. Bladder leakage is not something I toss around in everyday conversation; but I am more confident now that I have found out more about Depend. You too can toss that stigma aside and know with pride that you are not…moist. Thankfully I found ways to protect myself and keep going with minimal embarrassment. You shouldn’t be afraid to wear Depend! Millions of people experience bladder leakage and it’s ok to reach for a thin, comfortable option. You no longer need to think that Depend garments are for people with a condition that is ‘way worse than mine.’
Here are the facts:
- Depend is not just for old people! Depend is for all ages and bladder leakage is a common condition affecting 65 million people.
- More people with bladder leakage are in their 20’s than their 80’s.
- • The average age of someone with bladder leakage is 52!
- More people with bladder leakage are 50 or younger than 60 or older. Claim your free samples today by visiting the Depend landing page and clicking on the “Get a Sample” button located at the top right-hand side of the screen. Then, select which sample you would like to receive and wait for them to arrive.
- Depend is thin and comfortable to wear, it is not a big, bulky diaper!
Depend offers Real Fit for Men and Silhouette for Women briefs: Look, fit and feel like real underwear and feature a cloth-like fabric for a sleek, ultra-smooth fit.
There is also Depend Underwear with Fit-Flex protection: Features more Lycra stands for a smooth and comfortable close-to-the-body fit.
To help raise awareness for this campaign, Depend will donate $1, up to $3 million, over the next three years to charities that advance the research, education and awareness of bladder leakage for:
– Every pant drop, photo and video shared Using #Underwareness and #DropYourPants; and
– Every personal video made about what Underwareness means to you that is uploaded to YouTube and tagged #Underwareness and #DropYourPants.
Get started by sharing this tweet:
[Tweet “Get #underwareness with Depend! https://ooh.li/f32b110 #ad”]
Tell me…do you have a potty dance?
Created with flickr slideshow.