Storytime was all abut things that go and I wanted to do something to use the scores of plastic caps people have donated to the library to create an easy to make vehicle craft!
This was the result:
To create the cars we used these materials:
Not pictured, a screwdriver which is ADULT USE ONLY!
These materials are things we had in the library and repurposed.
Cut the construction paper into shapes:
And make the shapes into the vehicle of your choice (we made trucks) and use glue or tape to keep them together.
Use a screwdriver to make holes in the tops to add the fasteners.
This step is for ADULTS ONLY!
REPEAT: ADULTS ONLY!
Attach to your paper and you can decorate as you’d like.
This craft was inspired by the books:
- The Seals on the Bus by Lenny Hort
- Brownie and Pearl Take a Spin by Cynthia Rylant and Brian Biggs
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
- Sheep on a Jeep by Nancy Shaw
Latest posts by Rachee (see all)
- Is January 17th (18th) too late for Resolution/Goal talk? - January 18, 2018
- Chasing Joy in Matters of Money #CJBL - January 6, 2018
- Make a PomPom Snowman - December 3, 2017