Part of my instructions from the study I am involved in is to do some kind of physical activity for at least 20 minutes a day. Twenty minutes in the scheme of things is nothing but for some reason I find that I am always “getting ready” to do my workout instead of actually doing it. WHich, of course, means that I procrastinate and next thing you know the day is gone and I am feeling bad about myself for not working out.
Today I had an ally in The Bee who encouraged me to get my twenty minutes in. SHe walked with me as we did a few circuits around a park that I have been meaning to hit up. I keep telling myself that I am going to get up early and walk, that I will walk on the weekend, that I will do it later but walking with my teen was fun. We chatted about food, explored a nearby college campus and it was enjoyable to not be in my own head for a while.
Instead of thinking about it, I just did it and gained some extra time with my teen and had a nice chat. She’s turning into a great person and it’s my pleasure to share time with her.
This was my 5(ish) minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five(ish) minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Link back to this post (feel free to use the SOC Sunday graphic).
- Add your post to the link up
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
Latest posts by Rachee (see all)
- Georges Perrier is now a Master in Residence at Walnut Hill College - May 25, 2017
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest introduces the debut of The Midway - May 25, 2017
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - May 25, 2017