I was sent a copy of Shake It Up: I Love Dance to review and it was promptly grabbed from my hands by my teen. I heard a few songs before the CD disappeared into my teen’s room. She popped it into her CD player, and it has been on constant rotation ever since. I thought I would allow my daughter to help with this review.
Here are some thoughts from The Bee:
My mom got a copy of Shake it Up: I Love Dance and I was excited! I mean, who doesn’t love Shake it Up? And now I’ve got the songs!
On the CD, I really love Contagious Love by Zendaya & Bella Thorne. It’s a good song that I can dance to. It’s my favorite, actually, and I can see making a video using that song.
I was happy to hear Coco Jones, Holla at the DJ. Coco Jones is a really good singer and this song is also good to dance to and this will also be a video.
My mom likes These Boots Were Made for Walking by Olivia Holt. That was OK. I liked it when I saw it on the show but not really on the CD.
I think this is a really good CD. It made me dance, I have a few videos I want to make and I like listening to it when I am doing my homework and hanging in my room. I can listen to this with my little brother and not have to turn it off and I like hearing songs from the show.
You don’t have to take our words for it. Check out a copy of Shake it Up: I Love Dance for yourself. The songs are appropriate for teens and tweens. I never felt uncomfortable listening to it with mu daughter in the room. Also, even on constant repeat I didn’t feel the need to have The Bee turn the music off (well, there were a few evenings when I had to confiscate the CD and insist on a decent bedtime.)
Here is a video of Contagious Love.
Below are the track listings. I was actually able to recognize some of the artists from (repeated) viewings of Disney Channel.
- This is My Dance Floor performed by Bella Thorne & Zendaya
- Contagious Love performed by Zendaya & Bella Thorne
- Beat of My Drum performed by Zendaya
- Blow Your System performed by Bella Thorne
- Afterparty performed by Roshon Fegan & Caroline Sunshine
- Holla at the DJ performed by CoCo Jones
- These Boots Are Made For Walkin’ performed by Olivia Holt
- Sharp as a Razor performed by McClain Sisters
- Future Sounds Like Us performed by Dove Cameron
- I Can Do Better performed by Young LA
- Shake It Up Theme Song (Cole Plante Reboot Remix) performed by Selena Gomez
- We’re Dancing (Remix) performed by Bridgit Mendler
I do recommend this CD for fun, family friendly songs. It’s highly energetic, full of life and a good way to induce dance moments with your teen.
r’s note: We were sent a copy of Shake It Up: I Love Dance for free. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Affiliate links are used in this post.