One of my favorite themes to share at the library is anything farm. It may surprise you to know that I am a bit of a ham when it comes to making animal sounds and there are a whole heap of them to be made down on the farm.
While the library (and me) are talking a bit of a break with regularly scheduled programs I created a new Please Touch Activity Station which combines animals and math.
Counting Chickens Please Touch Activity Station:
- Counting Chickens Freebie from KidzSpark
For this you’ll need paper (to print game)
Something to keep the game together (I used a file folder)
This is really as simple as pulling up the site and printing the game. I used regular copy paper and laminated the chicks for multiple use but you could use card stock or construction paper.
I also included an instruction sheet so visiting families would have some guidance to play.
After laminating the chickens I cut then out and put them in the file folder.
To play the game:
The printout comes with chickens number from 0-10 with two blanks.
Children can line the chickens up in order from 0-10, backwards from 10 -0.
The children can also count every other chicken using odd or even numbers is use the blank chicken o create math facts and sentences.
- Books with a chicken theme
I gathered a combination of fiction and non-fiction
Raintree Perspectives: Life Cycles – the Life of a Chicken (Raintree Perspectives) (Raintree Perspectives)
- Chick (Baby Animals)
- Who wakes rooster?
- That Is Not a Good Idea!
- Tough Chicks
And there it is! This activity can be as simple as above or more involved. What would you add to the station?
For more fun craft projects, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Homemade Simmering Potpourri Recipe by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Resin Bracelets with Dried Flowers by Adventures in All Things Food
- Make Up Set for Dolly by Girly Creation
- Paper Plate Gift Box by Tiger Strypes
- Countin Chickens with #TBCCrafters by Say It, “Rah-Shay”
- DIY Fall Recycled Bottle Decor by B is 4
- Stenciled Halloween blocks by Craft Yourself
Latest posts by Rachee (see all)
- Is January 17th (18th) too late for Resolution/Goal talk? - January 18, 2018
- Chasing Joy in Matters of Money #CJBL - January 6, 2018
- Make a PomPom Snowman - December 3, 2017