…the Resolution/Goals post!
Well…something like resolutions and goals.
Reading through some of my older posts, in addition to being blown away by what seems to be my lack of typing/spelling/grammar skills, I noticed there is always a post about resolutions and goals in January. And also, there is a post about decluttering.
My house is still cluttered.
Back to it.
I know that time is a social construct. I know that January 1st is just another day. I also know that my family was a resolution family and each December we would dutifully write out a list of plans and goals. By mid-January or, if we were really diligent, early February, these goals and resolutions would be forgotten (that is until Lent when there was another chance to do a challenge) but resolutions were a seemingly fun way to prep for the year.
(While tip-tapping this post, I decided to look at HOW New Year’s Resolutions came about and it’s pretty fascinating.)
My efforts at doing a thing for any length of time seems monumental and like a set-up for failure. However, with my running I have been sharing monthly goals and have met them with a variety of success. Training for races have allowed me to realize that I can achieve goals when they are broken up into smaller, more manageable chunks.
This resolutions post has become a monthly goals post. Let’s do it.
- Run 15K a week. This should be an easy one but with the weather in single digit temps, ya girl was sleeping in. I have a few races on the horizon and want to be able to run the whole race without pain and feeling strong.
- Update this blog regularly. I started this blog back in 2008 and am reluctant to give up this space. (Although reading through my old posts I probably SHOULD have given up this space because oh dear Barbara!) Anywho, since I am paying for my hosting, I feel like I need to get my money’s worth. I want to post daily but realistically I think a few days a week would be best. I know you all are clamoring for my scintillating commentary on the world. You’re welcome.
- Read three non-book club books. For a library chick, I don’t read nearly as much as I would like. I have three books recommended by the clock app that I want to read this month, the first one is The Vegetarian by Han Kang.
- Daily Yoga with The Bee and The Librarian. We started tonight. Ten minutes, right before bed. It felt possible and it was nice doing something together.
- Finish the sweater I started during quarantine. Like everything else in my life, I have let my needles lay abandoned. I want the satisfaction of wearing something that I made. I paid for that pattern and by golly, I am getting it done.
What are your January goals?
*Aside from my poor grammar and spelling…what is THAT about?!