— n , pl -ties
1. relatively permanent disorder of the mind; state or condition of being insane
2. law a defect of reason as a result of mental illness, such that a defendant does not know what he or she is doing or that it is wrong
3. utter folly; stupidity
Per Albert Einstein: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
It’s that time of year again, the weather is warmer, the sun is shing, the wind is blowing but it’s not the brisk, chilly wind that demands outer clothes. It’s time for Spring and close behod summer and oce again I find myself not ready. I feel tired, sluggish and think. I look puffy, heavy and old. I hate it and like a crazy woman have toyed with publicly sharing with the world my discomfort, charting the steps I do to get rid of the weight and apologizing for not looking like something that only *I* think I should look like.
Insytead of whining and promising and planning and apologizing I am going to do…nothing that will be shared on this blog. Well, there will be somethings shared but not a public notice of things and no more heart pourings of where I am with my self, waht I weigh, how I think I should look or anything of the like.
No promises of a strict eatring and workwout. No complaining about the way I look and declaring that TODAY IS THE DAY!. I am going to enjoy me the way I am and leave the weight loss insanity for someone else.
This is not to say that I am going to veg out and laze about until I look like a cousing of Jabba, just that I am going to keep that person insanity to myslef.
Today’s post was written in five minutes as part of All Thing Fadra’s Stream of Consciousness Sunday. The rules are:
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post on Fadra’s site here.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.