How is it already September?
Please allow me to be tiresome as I echo the words of everyone else who have lamented how fast this year is going by. That done, Yo…I looked up and Suddenly it’s September!
Also indulge me in my questions of how can I make the last four months of the year memorable. It has been a personal fallacy of mine to create challenges of some sort and fail to complete them, feel horrible about them, then overthink how not completing that thing makes me a bad person. Before I trot up that road I am going to take the advice of my partner, The Librarian, and look forward to the future.
September has always felt like a new beginning. A new year school begins, summer slips away into fall and network television presents a new season of television entertainment (hiyo!). Instead of worrying about what I did or did not do previously, I will look towards revamping and restarting a thing I love, blogging, and will do this with the help of Michelle Garrett. Each month Michelle shares a monthly calendar featuring a topic for each day that her readers can use on their social media channels. I have been eyeing her calendar for a while and today felt like a the day to work on intentions and goals to focus on the month to come.
September is all about new beginnings.
Using Michelle’s prompts I would like to jump back into writing and here is what you can expect this month:
- The Big Chop or Bye, bye locs. The locs that I have been growing for years are gone.
- Ch-ch-ch-changes. Like Phil sang, “I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord!” This change is not something that I can share right now but when I am able, I’m gonna shut it from the roof top!
- Food Things. Buffy and I have been writing a food blog that has had a bit of a rocky start. I feel like we have found a way for it to work for both of us to enjoy it.
- New Kittehs! We have two new kittens, Max and Mindy, when we adopted after Lil ran off.
- My baby is in college. Like, how?!
There may be some more topics because when the writing muse calls, who am I to deny her?
Thanks for reading!
Before you go…what is YOUR focus or goal for September?