If you are on Facebook then you may have seen these Bitstrip cartoons. I found this one the other day and thought that this is so me. Sometimes I have a million ideas running through my brain and they need to go somewhere, anywhere and then there are times that I have a million things to do and the to do lists just go and go. I like to thik of of this picture as my idea spot and instead of worrying about what could go wrong or what is not correct I am going to think about how I can make one or two of those ideas reality.
This week at work is a short week and I feel the need to cram five days worth of book displays, station creations and lists into four. For the most part it can be done; I have been better using the help that has been coming my way. But there is a part of me that wants everything perfect and that perfection freezes me; I don’t want to mess it up but I need to just do it and then I feel like if I don’t do it then someone will be disapoointed.
I vow to channel Nike and just do it. Write the post, go to the gym, pull thiosbooks and what gets done, great and what doesn’t get done, just as great and I will enjoy it and be happy with the best effort that I am going to put out and not worry about what didn’t get done.
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (get it from Jan’s site).
- Link up your post on Jana’s website